Friday, October 26, 2007

Spaces

Rhythm always has spaces. A drummer who plays without any spaces will struggle to find the rhythm. Without spaces there is no rhythm, just noise.

Life has spaces. The space between when I'm at home and when I'm at work, when I'm with my family and when I'm not. There are also spaces in between the highs and the lows, between the happiness and sorrow. Spaces between being busy and waiting, between being on top of the world, and the effort of climbing to get there.
Without spaces there wouldn't be rhythm.

Relationships need spaces too. Too much crowding messes up the rhythm. "But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you...” (The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran )

Sometimes we forget about the rhythm. The rhythm that connects us to all around us, the breathing in and breathing out of the universe. So caught up in the noise of life that we forget we need the space to find our rhythm again.

2 comments:

Sinu S Kumar said...

Nice Post

just surfed in thought i'd say hi, interesting information on you've got here. do keep up the good work.




warm regards from India

Sinu Kumar
The Kerala Articles

Gavin Marshall said...

Thanks!
I started this about a month ago - thought I'd just write my thoughts and see if anyone read them.