Monday, October 8, 2007

the little things..

I spent yesterday at Brandvliet prison..
Hmm - actually - my daughter was involved in a triathlon and that's where it was held. It's not a bad place. The weather was foul but Jess did brilliantly. Unfortunately - somewhere along the line I lost my phone. The good news is that someone found it and had the sense to phone two of my friends, who both contacted me (through facebook and email), and whoever found then left it at the venue. So now all I need to do is go back and fetch my phone.
It's really cool when something like this happens - not losing my phone, but when someone takes the trouble to do the right thing. I guess one can philosophize about life and perception and the meaning of words and all that - but when it comes down to it, it's the little things - the practical things that really make a difference in life.

On another note - I'm busy reading "The archaic revival" by Terence McKenna. It's been described as "A cyclone of unorthodox ideas capable of lifting almost any brain out of its cognitive Kansas.." - my kind of book ;)
I'll try give the book a bit of a review once I'm a bit further into it, but I'm really enjoying the style of writing and some of the things that are said. It's the right book for me to be reading at right now.

Later P-)

No comments: