Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Journey

Paulo Coelho's book "The Alchemist" has to be one of my favourite books. I was chatting with some intersting people this morning and the book came up. As we were talking one of the people mentioned that the treasure at the end of the book is a bit disappointing. I thought about that for a while and to be honest, I couldn't really remember what the treasure was, but I remembered, in detail, the rest of the story. I guess the treasure at the end wasn't as important to me as the journey itself. While the treasure seemed to be the driving force behind the journey, the book without the journey would have been, well, pointless. And maybe that's the point. It's not so much the destination that's important, but the journey we take to get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm also a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

The Warrior of Light carefully studies the position that he intends to conquer.
(Manual of the Warrior of Light)


See u there and have a great day!

Aart

Gavin Marshall said...

Thanks - yes I visit his blog frequently and I've signed up to his newsletter. I really enjoy his style of writing and have read every one of his books that I could find.