Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Technology

Tried to install ADSL at home last night. I needed to connect a telephone wire from the kitchen to the study. Sounds easy - but it took me about an hour to get it connected because I kept on breaking the wires when i tried to strip them. I eventually set everything up and went through the installation process only to find I needed an 'order number' and I had no idea where to fine it. So - a whole evening wasted.
Got to work this morning and I couldn't log in because something had changed. I felt powerless not having my pc. It's wierd that everything I do sees to be so dependant on technology and being 'linked in' to this bigger something - the internet.
So now I'm waiting for my settings to be backed up and thought I'd try this blogging thing again. It's cool - kind of like a silent psychologist listening to whatever it is I want to say. I wonder if anyone will read this stuff - but I guess it doesn't really matter. It's a way of recording some of myself without having to attempt writing a book, although that is also something I'd like to do.
Ok - enough rambling for now..

No comments: